Wednesday, August 22

Trip down memory lane

Remember my cd post? It brought up a typical problem for me: I really have trouble remembering year, grade and age. I can remember 'Ok, this happened fall of 8th grade.' But what year was it? How old was I? I've written out a timeline before, but I thought 'I'll throw one up on Google Docs and then it'll always be where i can get at it.

And then that project blew up ;-)

I added columns for family, notes, world events, music, movies, and media notes. Check it out and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Paul Stokes said...

I like the timeline, and I like the idea of building a personal/family history deliberately. I have several boxes squirreled away all over the house with a "scrapbook" label stuck on them. My intention (wish list? what is it that David Allen calls it?) is someday to organize everything and use it as a basis of some sort of history. It is crammed with odd pictures, homework assignments from the kids, ticket stubs, all sort of things that, at the least, would help me remember just what year that was. I like your grid a lot. Let me know how you do on that project. Maybe you'll inspire me to get busy (!!! I need something more !!!) too.

Kathy said...

2 things...

1. Wow, too much time on your hands, and I love that "Breathless" makes one of your notable songs.

2. Did you skip 11th grade? How very cool is that?

Sean Meade said...

P: one Allen list is Someday/Maybe. he might have wishlists, too. i just don't remember. thanks for the compliments :-)

K: yes 'too much time on my hands/and it's takin away from my sanity' ;-)

yeah, i graduated in 3 years. not sure how cool it was. i was in a hurry to grow up...