Friday, August 24

Pile of Delusion‽

+ No offense intended to Hawk when I say Pile of Index Cards [Flickr set] [weblog (mostly in English; scroll down)] is the most shocking example of exhausting productivity pr0n(1) I have ever seen. I couldn't look away. This method of getting things done apparently works for him and makes him happy, so that's great. I would never get started on this amazing system...

+ How could I have missed the wonderful punctuation mark, '‽' (interrobang)‽ Unfortunately, Texter does not support it (as a pure character) or I could use it all the time! I'm in love!

+ If you've read this weblog long you know I really dislike Richard Dawkins. Here's a pretty good recent summary of why, the Wikipedia article on Alister McGrath's 'The Dawkins Delusion'. (And, not least of all, I'm putting it hear for my own reference.)


1) For my uninitiated readers (Christine, Kathy, et al.), meaning and usage

6 comments:

Paul Stokes said...

The index card system is fascinating. I use an approach with my DayTimer that has some rudimentary similarities. The key is the default chronological order of the card. I am going to look at this thoroughly. Thanks.

Sean Meade said...

glad to be of service, Paul :-)

Anonymous said...

On Richard Dawkins...Einstein thought it likely there is a God...I think I'll side with him.

Sean Meade said...

E thought it likely, yes, but his was an amorphous, deistic God, and one that was obviously ok with serial philandering :-(

Jesus was much smarter than either one of those guys ;-)

Anonymous said...

Really? I thought as much E would be a deist, but God "philandering"? Didn't know that.

Sean Meade said...

well, that's what this article says, anyway.