Wednesday, January 30

Fatal Moss

+ Why did I read 'Fatal Revenant'? I should have known all second books in Donaldson trilogies have unhappy, depressing, seemingly despairing endings. I mean, why plow through that many pages (500+?) to be cliffhung on a depressing ending and the next book doesn't come out until when?

Maybe I should have just read the summary somewhere.

Confession: my tastes in fiction run more to the 'Young Adult' section, where 'mature' authors don't feel compelled pour down doom and destruction. I'd pick Harry Potter over George RR Martin every time.

Oh well ...

Check that 'trilogy' thing up above. Apparently this set of chronicles is four books. Wonder if the third book will also be depressing ...

+ Don Banks likes Randy Moss and covers Randy's time with the press yesterday.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

The only Donaldson I ever read was the first part of the first book with the dude with the white gold ring. And I stopped reading when he raped someone.

I hear really good things about the books, but I guess they just aren't for me. But George R. R. Martin rocks my world, it's damn depressing but at least I like his characters. I even like the ones I don't like.

Sean Meade said...

exactly. we're in the 8th book now and that dude actually transforms into a hero over time.

see, we're opposite on this. i hated Martin and read two of the books to prove it to myself!

groundrocket said...

Sean,

How were Mike and I talking about The Thomas Covenant series at the wedding without your input? Wacky coincidence? Were you busy in another conversation?

Aaron

(TDAXP's Aaron)