Wednesday, June 20

WTC, Bloomberg, and Lessig

+ Purdue scientists have done an extensive simulation of one of the 9/11 impacts. The video is on YouTube: Scientists simulate jet colliding with World Trade Center. Their press release. (And, Jim: you must watch it.)

+ Glowing article on Bloomberg's reign. Then he leaves the Repubs. Run coming up?

+ Finally, the latest from Lawrence Lessig. I'm a distant admirer. He's switching his career focus from intellectual property to combating the unfair influence that money has on our system.

Sounds great. Not sure you can build a culture on the creation of wealth and then de-emphasize it in politics. But maybe he'll find a way.

Of course, I'm oversimplifying. Read his post if you want to know more.

4 comments:

Dan tdaxp said...

Too bad about Lessig. He moves from an important front (public domain) where he is respected and can have an impact, to a broader area that every do-gooder has worked on since the beginning of time.

:-(

Paul Stokes said...

A friend of mine is a die-hard Republican warrior who lives near White Plains and goes way back with the party. He is sort of a moderate/conservative. I was surprised several months ago when we had dinner together and he said that Bloomberg was doing a great job as mayor. I guess I should not have been.

Jim said...

Wow, that is very interesting; and answers some (not all) of the questions from the conspiricy theorists.

I'm not in agreement with the "9/11 was an inside job" crowd. I just think you have to ask the questions.

Very good stuff I think I'll post it to my blog... :-)

Thanks!

Sean Meade said...

glad to be of service, Jim! ;-)