Wednesday, January 18

Matt, diamonds stink and a US command to watch over them

+ I've had this one bookmarked for a while. Glad I finally got back to it: Ten Reasons Why You Should Never Accept a Diamond Ring from Anyone, Under Any Circumstances, Even If They Really Want to Give You One. I knew most of this stuff and figured this was the jist of the link, but it sure is interesting. Diamond engagement rings was made up by a marketing agency for DeBeers. Now they're pushing right-hand diamond rings. Plus, all of those 'Buy your wife a diamond! Rekindle the romance! Every kiss begins with Kay's!' commercials make me want to puke.Down with DeBeers!

I would, on the other hand, buy one of the synthetic diamonds described in this Wired article , but mostly just for fun.

+ Matt's got a funny little tutorial with pictures:
How to speed up your mac and make it more stable when web browsing in 3 simple steps . Probably goes for PCs, too.

+ Have you seen the photset of MeFi users plugged into Google Earth? [Matt's post] Pretty cool. I used to hang out on MeFi a lot.

+ Tom predicted an Africa Command, and now it looks like that might be coming...

No comments: