Tuesday, January 24

Jason, Tom and Google

+ Now that's news!

We're always trying to improve the imagery in Google Earth and Google Local, but our latest update is bigger than usual. Not only have we added extensive 6-inch imagery for many parts of the U.K., but we've updated the Google Local database to match the coverage we have in Google Earth, and (drum roll, please) ... we've added two more zoom levels in Google Local's Satellite mode! Now for many areas around the world you can see a lot more detail than you could before.

*End Google fanboy gushing*

+ Ok, I know I'm totally biased, and even more suspect now that I'm on Tom's payroll, but his lengthy analysis on the Iran situation is the best thing I've seen or heard. Short version: attacking would be bad; reconstruction would be basically undoable; we need to deal with them, especially through Russia, India and China. I hope you check it out.

+ RIP, Finches' Wings. My buddy, Jason, has decided to call it quits on his weblog. Says his heart's just not in it anymore, and I can appreciate that. I'll miss his links and, Jason, feel free to send in posts to 'interact' anytime.

No comments: