Friday, October 3

Weigh-in and pull-update

Way past time for one of these. Short version: I'm holding steady.

Weighed-in today at 200.5. On the one hand, not making progress. On the other hand, I'm not getting heavier and it took me awhile to gain all the weight, right? Or is that just rationalization?

Anyway, I'm fairly encouraged because I didn't count points on my trip to Austin last week; just tried to take it easy.

On the push-up front, I'm keeping after it, but not making much progress; seriously plateaued. Walter gave me the good idea of 'scaling' if I need to: finishing my push-up workouts with push-ups on my knees, if I need to. So, for example, tonight I did about 70 regular push-ups in 5 sets with 2 minute breaks and finished the last 5-10 on my knees. Don't feel like I'm gaining much here, but will keep after it for now. If you have great advice on how to break a plateau, please send it my way!

Other things to send my way: prayers and well-wishes for continuing to lose weight and get in better shape. Thanks!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Do you want advice on how to break a workout plateau or a weight loss plateau? I can give you the latter, but as I've never tried to break a push up plateau, I can't help you much there.

Anonymous said...

Fasting, 36hrs for the weight. Eat more beef(or salmon)and increase your vitamin D intake - go sit outside in the Sun, smile and keep your eyes open. ;~)

Anonymous said...

Fast 36hrs for the weight thing. Eat more beef(or salmon) increase your vitamin D intake - go sit outside in the Sun, smile and keep your eyes open. ;~)

Anonymous said...

PS Try 1oz of whiskey(your choice, I prefer Scotch) about 10 or 15 minutes before the physical exertion. Helps with the oxygen exchange. ;~)

Libraryun said...

I know that this is posting late, but I've not been around for awhile. Plateaus are normal, and if you took a vacation, didn't count, and stayed steady, that is doing good.

Which I know does not help you with moving past the plateau, but there it is. Don't obsess on the plateau.

Libraryun said...

A plateau is normal. If you traveled, didn't count, and didn't gain, then you are starting (I think) to get the habit of how much/what to eat.

I know that doesn't help you to get past the plateau, but there it is.

Sean Meade said...

thanks for the encouragement, MK. not feeling too sanguine about this weight-loss project. must. stay. the. course...