Friday, May 20

I'm it: If I could be...

Jaq tagged me on this topic that's going around. Complete 5 from the following list:

If I could be a musician...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a justice on any court in the world...
If I could be a world famous blogger...
If I could be married to any current world politician...
If I could be a scientist...
If I could be an actor...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be an agent...

1. If I could be a musician, I'd be a singer (which some people see as a contradicition in terms). I've always wanted to be the front man for a band.

2. If I could be a linguist, I'd study Proto-Indo-European and, maybe, since I have some background in Hebrew, if PIE had any interaction with Proto-Semitic and how.

3. If I could be a writer, I'd write lots of young adult fiction in the mold of Ursula K LeGuin - fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction (especially set in a PIE-type context). Of course, Tolkien would be my major influence, though I don't think I'd be suited to write such 'epic' work (who is?). Other major influences in this regard would be Lloyd Alexander and Susan Cooper.

4. If I could be a professor, I'd teach these big, sweeping classes that would try to cover great breadth and integrate as much as possible. I have no desire to be the world expert on anything. I'm too interested in everything.

5. If I could be an athlete, I'd be just a respectable pick-up basketball player, something you can do for a lot of years (since we're dreaming, I'd like to add being good at Ultimate).

As to the chain letter part of this theme, who might be willing to play this reindeer game? I pick Jason, Paul, and Eric.

No comments: