Thursday, March 31

Today's links

+ Radio YourWay - cool looking little TiVo for Radio + voice/line-in recorder. The price point's not bad (200$), and you can offload files as mp3s to your computer. You can get the older one at Amazon with free shipping for 120. I'd impulse-buy it if I had 120$ ;-) You can add this functionality to my PDA/cell phone combo wish list.

+ Snow Triggers Avalanche in Colorado. Snow has been known to do that...

+ China Calls for Dialogue with Taiwan. See...China can rise peacefully...

+ I love ellipses!

+ The Pope and Schiavo

Apparently the pope approves of many life-extending practices, like feeding tubes, regarding them as normal treatment.

That's fine, but I sure wouldn't want to mandate it. I hope this isn't viewed as an ethical prescription by/for Catholics. I personally wouldn't want my life extended indefinitely with a feeding tube, especially if I were unconscious with slim hope of recovery.

+ 'We conclude that the intelligence community was dead wrong in almost all of its prewar judgments about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.' This from the presidential commission on US intelligence.

I still find it impossible to believe (literally 'incredible') that President Bush did not 'hype the intelligence' he received or pre-influence the reports.

While no evidence of such influence was found and all of the analysts said they weren't influenced, the report stated, 'It is hard to deny the conclusion that intelligence analysts worked in an environment that did not encourage skepticism about the conventional wisdom.'

+ Tom takes people to task for their position on China, including its involvement in Africa (scroll down to first bold section). If China does some good in Africa, relative to our practical inattention, I say bully for them!

+ I got lazy and neglected my own recommended practice of ctrl-a, ctrl-c before I post anything on Blogger and THOUGHT I'd lost a bunch of changes I made to my Barnett/Wired post. But I didn't, so it's all OK.

No comments: