Wednesday, February 25

More on 'The Passion...'

InterVarsity's semi-official review. (I work for/with them.)

The ABC News article on Gibson's interview with Diane Sawyer.

Newsweek interview with James Caviezel. (The assoicated Newsweek article is biased against the Gospels being historically accurate.)

Roger Ebert's even-handed review.

The movie is 126 minutes long, and I would guess that at least 100 of those minutes, maybe more, are concerned specifically and graphically with the details of the torture and death of Jesus. This is the most violent film I have ever seen.

Yesterday I was already rethinking seeing the movie in the theater. This quote only reinforces my reservation. It's not that I object. It's just that I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to graphic (realistic) violence). We'll see...

No comments: