Monday, January 6

I watched almost all of the Cleveland-Pittsburgh game yesterday: Maddox, Hines, Burris, Randle-El, and the run defense against Holcomb, Northcutt, Morgan, and Johnson. I like watching those guys. Tommy Maddox continues his cool-headed play. Man, he's great. My fore knowledge that Holcomb should be starting was right. What happened at the end is that Cleveland let up and quit scoring and their defense played stupidly. They got penalty after penalty, they weren't thinking about the clock. Sadly, former Vikings Rudd and Griffith contributed to these penalties. The offense didn't keep firing and the defense wasn't up to the task. Foge Fazio couldn't get the coordinator job done when it counted at Minnesota, and I don't see him doing it in Cleveland either. His guys aren't disciplined.

Anyway, it was a fun game to watch, and I was kind of pulling for the underdog Browns and Holcomb, but I'm happy with Maddox and Reed (the new clutch kicker) and Cowher winning, too.

No comments: