Sunday, January 12

I like Brad Johnson. I like Jon Gruden ok. But I don't like, really don't like Keyshawn Johnson and Warren Sapp - always running their mouths. So I have mixed feelings about the Bucs winning today. Yes, their defense was really good. But their offense isn't that good. The 49ers secondary has been plagued by injuries.

We'll see how TB does against the Eagles. I rate the defenses about even and the Eagles offense better. Advantage: Eagles.

I was sorry to see Pittsburgh lose, but they just couldn't get it done yesterday. I'll tell you this much, a lot like the Giants game last week, you can't put this on the officials. The Giants let the 49ers come back and the Steelers couldn't get it done when they had the chances.

As for the Falcons-Eagles, I'm glad the cult of Vick is over for this year. He's amazingly talented, but, as someone said earlier this season (I forget who), let's not put him in the Hall yet. He's one injury away from being Bo Jackson. The Eagles defense handled him and the offense was strong enough with just-healed McNabb to get it done. The offense will have to be better next week against TB to win.

No comments: