Monday, December 3

I'm a sucker. I read the latest 'Star Wars: The New Jedi Order book - Edge of Victory I: Conquest (now that's a lot of names). It turned out to be pretty good. There was actually some progress in the plot. But, it's still, basically, the Jedi and the New Republic getting killed for the seventh book in a row. Even the original Star Wars cycle was only 3 installments (with other back story in lots of formats).

Another complaint: It's really not about any 'New Jedi Order'. It's mostly about the same characters, with extra focus on the Solo kids.

I did like the focus on Anakin in this one. I suppose I'll read the next one. Like I said, I'm a sucker. It's really only a couple of hours of my life. This one was a lot less painful than many of the others.

Wait, one more thing: I didn't specifically mention how tired I am of the practically invulnerable Yuuzhan Vong. And now there are hints that's what going to bring them down, to some degree, is their own religious fundamentalism. Yawn.

Okay, one more thing (with no promises that this is the last): The review for the next book on Amazon actually says:

But even in the midst of despair, while the fiercest battle of all looms on the horizon, hope arises with the birth of one very special child....

Haven't we done this plot in Star Wars, like about 6 times before (Anakin 1/Darth, Luke, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin 2)? Sheesh.

No comments: