Saturday, April 10

But my new favorite song is...

Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1 by The Flaming Lips (flash) on the album of the same name.

If you go to their site and click the 'Audio' tab then choose the 4th square from the left you can listen to the whole thing.

Her name is Yoshimi. She's a black belt in karate
Working for the city. She has to discipline her body
Cause she knows that it's demanding to defeat these evil machines
I know she can beat them -

Oh Yoshimi
They don't believe me
But you won't let those
Robots eat me
Oh Yoshimi
They don't believe me
But you won't let those
Robots defeat me

Those evil natured robots, they're programmed to destroy us
She's gotta be strong to fight them. So she's taking lots of vitamins
Cause she knows that it'd be tragic if those evil robots win
I know she can beat them


It's pretty and silly at the same time. I love it!

A big thanks to Jonathan S for putting this on a mix CD for me!

(Incidentally, Steve from Blue's Clues worked with some of the Flaming Lips guys on his album (which I can't get to load right bow, but it's out there). We love Steve. (And, incidentally, Paul of Ftrain is Steve's friend and helped him with the website.))

No comments: