Wednesday, January 28

Three from MeFi

Scientists at JILA have announced the creation of a new form of matter known as fermionic condensate the sixth known form of matter -- after gases, solids, liquids, plasma and Bose-Einstein condensate.

Dude, I didn't even know we were up to five. But it's stilll cool.

An excellent thread on the current situation in Saudi Arabia. I would say our national involvement with Saudi is similar to our involement with Israel is this respect: There are massive objections to supporting them so completely, but the number one trump, national interest, takes the trick. I think this compromises us morally (though it can get in line).

And one really funny line (I don't care about the rest of the thread):

I, for one, welcome our new telepathic parrot overlords.

No comments: