Sunday, December 17

My daughter is great at recognizing animals. Recently, she saw the Napster logo and said 'Kitty, kitty.'. Will some glory-seeking sociologist dub her and her peers the post-Napster generation?

Here's an article about a pretty well-known couple in weblogging circles. If you've been around weblogs, you've probably seen it. If not, it might interest you: it's love in the 3rd millenium.

We went to see 'Unbreakable' last night (check out a good review of it). M Night Shyamalan sure is kicking butt. He says he has a secret formula for successful movie making these days, but he won't tell what it is. It's dangereous to say, but I've liked Bruce Willis in a number of movies: 'Die Hard', '12 Monkeys', and the last two Shyamalans. We really liked it. Christine, unfortunately, didn't sleep very well after it.

I probably won't sleep very well tonight, since the Vikings lost today. That's my nightmare. Oh well, I'm the one who's been saying their defense isn't strong enough to take them deeply into the playoffs. Now that the season has progressed, it seems teams have a pretty good idea of how to slow down our offense and totally exploit our defense.

Someone wrote in 'Sports Illustrated' a few months ago that the Cubs will never be winners as long as they play in Wrigley, because people love to go to games there, so they make money. This guy said the only way to turn the Cubs into winners would be to tear down Wrigley. However, I thought of another way: get a dot-com billionaire (like Marc Cuban, who bought the Mavericks) to buy them from the Tribune and put some money into them. Any takers?

Do I like some sad teams or what? The Iowa basketball team is undefeated so far this year, but I'm only a fair weather Iowa fan.

Why do I care so much about sports? I don't agree with a lot of the values. I don't agree with the money involved. It's one of those things I can't control. It's crazy.

No comments: