Sunday, May 18

Dune Ivy Thriller

Jeez, have I really not updated since Tuesday? Crazy.

+ One reason I haven't updated: I'm submerging in the Duniverse. Finally watched Children of Dune via Netflix and it launched me back into the novels, starting with Dune Messiah, which are sublimely beautiful. Only minor complaint: too many antiheroes. Maybe my tastes are immature, but I really prefer a hero and sticking with his/her point of view. Guess I'm more of a YAF-kinda guy ;-)

+ Poison ivy update: not too bad. Two spots on my right wrist that are past the oozing stage. I think I'm safe everywhere else, but I never count that blasted stuff out until there's no sign (unless I've had the cortisone shot below my waistband ;-)

+ Want to see something freaky? Philippine convicts recreating the Thriller video.

My question: who authorized using that girl amidst all those convicts?! No way I'd do it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's related to the War on Drugs discussion over to the serious folks arena? War on Drugs, War on Poverty, War on Illiteracy all abysmal failures. We'll keep throwing good money after bad by the bucket. Beyond the scope of my comprehension.

War on Terror seems to be moving in the right direction as evidenced by UBL's latest audio. Sounds as if a redirection of the battle space is looming. IDF Cherries started salivating when that hit the airway.

Books? Moment of Truth in Iraq and Last Child in the Woods. You will not regret the investment of time.

Netflix? You? I guess that malady I have is contagious? HA!

Jim said...

Is there some point to the Philippine convict dance videos? Does this contribute to rehabilitation? (Just curious.) It is "freaky", that's for sure. I guess it passes the time, if your into line dancing.

Sean Meade said...

GSR: yeah, the whole 'War on ...' thing is pretty sketchy, along with any 'czar'. not sure i have better ideas, but anyone can see the current approach doesn't work well.

Jim: rehab, yeah, i guess, in countries where people still acknowledge Michael Jackson as the King ;-)