Friday, August 27

McCain, the King-Maker

(The President Maker? The Fresh Maker?)

Man, these guys are falling over themselves to please McCain.

I don't see how the FEC can rule against these people. Citizens should be allowed to campaign against a candidate, right? Even though I called for Bush to denounce the Anti-Kerry ads, I still think citizens should have a right to run them. If the concern in the ads is soft money, clamp down on soft money to independent groups. But independent groups should be able to express what they want.

Interesting that McCain is still calling on Bush to do more to stop the ads and the Kerry campaign is still accusing the Bush campaign of collusion. I wonder if this will 'stick' to Bush. I wonder if, politically, it would have been better form Bush to denounce the ads from the start. Or has the damage done been worthwhile?

A longer article about McCain's role, including a new request for Kerry to pull another as about Bush smearing other veterans, including McCain.

This political posturing, on both sides, is both detestable and wearying, aye? I wonder if I'll stop commenting on it soon...

No comments: