Friday, August 27

Bush Admits Iraq 'Miscalculations'

I think this is a good move by the president. I sure respect people more who can admit error on some level (though this one might be characterized as 'because it was easier than we feared').

Bush said that Americans will re-elect him to a second term even if they disagree with his decision to invade Iraq.

Bush said voters "know who I am and I believe they're comfortable with the fact that they know I'm not going to shift principles or shift positions based upon polls and focus groups."

Bush told USA Today that "the American people have seen me make the hardest of decisions. That's just going to have to be a part of their decision-making process."
He makes no mention of the fact that lots of people hate him. I guess my point here is that I find these assurances of victory in the future tense annoying from all condidates. Is that supposed to communicate confidence? It communicates 'rhetoric' to me.

No comments: