Friday, March 9

I got tickets to the WAC Men's quarterfinal yesterday. My boss, Bill, and I went to watch Fresno State (ranked 24th nationally) play Rice. Rice acquitted themselves well, though they were obviously overmatched. The infamous Jerry Tarkanian is Fresno State's coach.

One of the things I like to do this time of year is to mimic TV color commentary. For example: 'Bill, you can't just play this game for 34 minutes. You have to play for all 40.' Or: 'Those young men from Rice can hold their heads high, Bill. They've really won the hearts of this crowd.'

Get it? Anyway, it was fun.

After that I met Christine at Borders. Since we don't have much money these days, we like to go there when we can get a babysitter and just sort of kick around. I'm a big Frank Miller fan and saw his relatively new '300'. I read the whole thing and it was wonderful. It's about the Spartans standing up to the Persians at the Hot Gates. Amazon says they don't have it, but Borders does.

No comments: