Saturday, January 6

Yippee! Blogger got a new server and things are much faster now.

My friend, John Harris (PhD, Professor Emeritus - University of Tulsa), has an article in Barron's about predicting the stock market. It's an interesting theory. Here's the Tulsa World article.

In the CD player: an Underworld compilation my brother made for me. If I were checking out other music new to me (which I'm not because I'm not taking the time) they would be: Massive Attack, Beck, Moby, and Outkast.

In the past couple of days we've watched 'The Maltese Falcon' and 'The Postman'. 'TMF' was wonderful. I highly recommend it. 'The Postman' was good and interesting, but too long for what it was. I'm sure David Brin's book was very good, but this is not it. Keep it shorter, Kevin.

Remember that mention I made below of Tim Keller from Redeemer Presbyterian Church. I listened to his sermon 'the elder brother' (under info/tape ministry) and took some notes. So check out these notes, and if they look good, listen to the message. Keller dissects the difference between immoral nonChristians (tax collectors, prostitutes, sinners, ‘the prodigal younger brother’), moral nonChristians (scribes and Pharisees, ‘the elder brother’, and Christians (Jesus, the Father) better than anyone I know.

No comments: