Friday, April 24

Various links

+ Board game geeks and digital geeks must not overlap much because Wired magazine just got around to writing about Settlers of Catan. I found that highly amusing.

+ In other game geek news, Dave Arneson, co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons, died Tuesday.

+ I got the twins hooked on 'The Book Report' from 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown'. In fact, we watched the animated version, which I didn't even know existed.



+ Beautiful, sonorous word of the day: susurrus

+ Periodically I like to check out the YouTube most viewed list to see if there's anything I've missed. And when I was there, I noticed, if you combine the 3 top videos for Katy Perry's Hot N Cold you get about 75 million views. That's quite a lot.

4 comments:

j streed said...

Re: Katy Perry--
Why hasn't Morrissey covered "I Kissed a Girl" yet? Can't you just hear it?

Sean Meade said...

totally. great idea!

Charlie said...

I loved the old animated version of YAGM,CB. Your run as Charlie Brown (20 years ago this spring?) was an awfully good one, too.

Sean Meade said...

you are too kind, Charlie. 20 years ago sounds about right :-)