Friday, November 8

Have you noticed how much force we've built up in the Middle East?

I was reading Steven who said there's a new Task Force Horn of Africa in Djibouti. That got me thinking: how much?

I was posting all of the quotes, but you should just go read yesterday's article if you're interested. But let me try to give you the math:

-about 57,000 U.S. soldiers, sailors, air force personnel and Marines are now in the greater Gulf area, including about 9,000 in Afghanistan and thousands afloat

-2 carrier groups there with a third enroute.

-B-2 bombers, B-52 bombers, B-1B bombers, and short-range bombers

-hundreds of tanks, Bradleys, and armored personnel carriers

-34 supply ships

The article doesn't mentioned that Central Command has moved from Tampa to Qatar (I missed that one, too) (this is huge, I assure you).

That's a lot of people and stuff. Based on those numbers, can anyone think this might not happen?

No comments: