Friday, November 8

Can I be an honorary Minnesotan?

Eric writes that the essence of it to him is being honest and trustworthy and telling people what you think.

(This post has been up for a long time. Still, I'll use it to say something I've been thinking about.)

It's not because I follow the Vikings ('like' isn't the right word these days). In fact, asking for such an honor is a little heretical when you come from Iowa - that whole across-the-border rivalry thing.

However, I like, in general, the decisions Minnesotans have been making.

Let's start with Jesse Ventura. He's a doof. But he's fairly straight-forward. And they said to the Two Parties 'If this is all you've got, we'll take c: none of the above.'. Good show.

I like how they've wrestled with the Twins and the Vikes over stadium issues. These millionaire owners don't deserve public money. But keeping the teams would be good for Minnesota. So they've been working on it. And nobody's walked away from the table yet. And it might be good for everyone in the end.

I don't know about the character issues Eric espouses. I hope they're true.

I do know they're getting the right results in ways different from the other states, where it's mostly politics as usual as far as I can tell.

Godspeed, Minnesota.

No comments: