Thursday, December 13

Pop Up Video!

Have I ever mentioned how much I loved Pop Up Videos?

Not just music and video, but something to read, too! More data streams!

Take On Me is one of my all-time favorite videos. The actresses' name was Bunty Bailey. She's still listed at Crawfords Commercials.

Secret: I also like a-ha's song 'The Living Daylights'.

There are 47 videos over there to choose from. The one I'm missing is 'Torn'. I think that's the first Pop Up Video I ever saw.

Another favorite, of course, is Losing My Religion.

I must have watched that video about ten times, back in 1991, trying to figure it out.

4 comments:

Jay@Soob said...

A couple days ago a friend and I were in a shop and Take Me On was playing on the Muzak. I said,"The best OneHit Wonder ever."

To which he replied, "The best OneHit Wonder video ever, as well."

It's still a striking video.

M said...

I LOVE POP-UP VIDEO. I ALWAYS TOOK IT AS ONE OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY'S MORE NOTABLE CULTURAL ACHIEVEMENTS.

deichmans said...

Personally, I think the mime of Torn is far better than the original music video... :-)

Sean Meade said...

thanks guys

(even Shane, though i am NOT going to wreck my images of Natalie by watching some mime ;-)